Thursday, September 10, 2015

moving on...

Well, if you're familiar with Show Me the Mona blogspot you've probably noticed we've gotten a makeover! This makeover is bittersweet and exciting all at the same time.

In early June, I said a tearful goodbye to my Paulding Elementary School family - students, coworkers/friends, and classroom of 12 years - to start an exciting new journey at Bryan City Schools. In late August, I was thrilled to start teaching at BCS as the 3-6 Art teacher; and, am looking forward to creating those same lasting relationships with the Bryan Elementary School students and staff! 

Based on the success that I had at Paulding Elementary with Choice Based Art, I have decided to continue this at Bryan Elementary. The idea behind it being that the students use centers of art materials and are responsible for deciding what their subject will be, and which materials they will need to meet the standard we're focusing on. I will post more about that, and a room tour, soon... so stay tuned! 

I love Dr Seuss... and feel like the quote below was relevant for how the artists work in my classroom, and my new move. :) 



So for those of you new to the blog, Welcome! I will use this as a way to share with students, parents, the community, and the world all of the amazingly creative artworks that my little artists make. I encourage you to comment, share, and enjoy the uniqueness to each piece they create. 

And maybe try it yourself?! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?